Features of Botswana:
- fewer tourists, abundant wilderness areas
- excellent birding and wildlife
- Okavango is a world heritage site
- riverine, swampland and land activities (variety of habitats)
- a range of luxury experiences
Botswana is considered one of the most highly sought after safari destinations in southern Africa. With a diversity of ecosystems, endowed with abundant game and a government that actively supports tourism, Botswana is an ideal safari destination.
Due to the fact that most areas you will visit in Botswana are located on the Kalahari Desert or within the Okavango Delta, road transport is not available and your travel will be by air. The remoteness of camps and lodges, plus the costs of air transport make Botswana a slightly more expensive destination, but definitely worth visiting.
The principal safari destinations are: